
Today would have been my grandparents 56th wedding anniversary. I never knew my grandfather, Waldo, but my grandmother Consuelo (grammie) had a huge influence on my upbringing and I admired her greatly. I miss her every day.
I don't think people realize how important grandparents are. I know that I take it for granted a lot of time the years that I had with my Grammie. There are several things that she taught/stories she told me me that I still remember. She passed away when I was 10 years old.
For example, she taught me what MARTA stands for (if you are from Atlanta, you'll understand what I mean by that), she convinced me that she was a witch and when I turned 13 I would get to fly on her broom (Im still sad I never got to do that), she scared my brother to death about wooden spoons.. he still doesn't like to see wooden spoons! She taught us about the proper way to eat lobster.. with lemon mayonnaise and to eat the tomalley (EW.. I do NOT eat it).
She was a wonderful beautiful woman who loved her family dearly.
I miss her everyday. Love you Consi.
No comments:
Post a Comment