Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day Two

Day Two: Meaning behind my blog name....

Well, this one is easy. I am sweet, from Georgia and a southern belle! I originally wanted to be "sweet southern belle" but that was already taken so I settled with "sweet georgia belle"

to quote LFO... "(I) come from Georgia where the peaches grow. (I) drink lemonade and speak real slow.."

Just thought I'd leave you with a few of my favorite quotes about southern girls. Enjoy!

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born, it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. it's being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies and coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."

"When life hands you lemons... squeeze them into some sweet iced tea and thank God you were born a southern girl!"

"Southern girls are God's gift to the entire male population. There is absolutely no woman finer than one raised below the mason-dixon line and once you go southern may the good Lord help you - you never go back.” - Kenny Chesney

"A southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. We know how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. We pick our battles and fight with the heart of a pit bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Our mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her mama and will always be daddy's little girl."

"Something about a southern girl, make me feel right. In a Mississippi morning, she's an angel in flight. In a blink of an eye, she'll be out of your sight...something about a southern girl" -Amos Lee

"Southern girls know the four deadly sins: bad hair, bad manners, bad blind dates and bad dancers"

"Southern women know the joys of June, July, and August: summer tans, wide brimmed hats and adorable sandals!"

No comments:

Post a Comment